[mythtv-users] database issues: 0.21 to trunk

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Apr 3 14:11:56 UTC 2009

On 04/03/2009 08:56 AM, Johnny wrote:
>>> Your probably thinking of this:
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore. Look at the
>>> partial restore in particular. I had to do this recently because of
>>> something getting corrupt with one of my tuners. The partial restore
>>> kept all of my recording data perfectly.
>>>
>> Note that you have to apply a patch to the script if you're doing a partial
>> restore that doesn't include the plugin data...
>>  http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6013
> Thanks for that info. Now after reading that ticket I think I may have
> unknowingly corrupt my database. I did the partial restore without
> plugin data on an up to day .21-fixes install just a couple of weeks
> ago. How do I check if things are messed up, and how do I correct it?

At this point, don't worry about it.  If you haven't noticed any
corruption, yet, there isn't much data that's corrupted, and it's not
very important data.  It won't hurt anything.  (I actually have
corrupted data in my DB from doing
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.7 a couple of years
ago--it's also broken, as mentioned at
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3762#comment:8 .)

One day I may actually submit some code that fixes the corruption (or
provide a script or something), but (as mentioned), the corruption is
not that important, and--unfortunately--fixing it requires a lot of code.

Mike