[mythtv-users] ITV HD 0.21 Fixes

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 15:45:40 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 8:41 AM, Adam Skinner <kingmoffa at gmail.com> wrote:
> A mysql insert query for the ITVHD channel that I could manipulate would
> be welcome. Or rough idea of settings - mplexid , serviceid etc - any
> other values that maybe needed. I understand that getting program data
> may be a pain - I use EIT.

That's just not possible as the problem with ITV HD is that it
(falsely) identifies itself as an MPEG-1 video stream, even though
it's H.264.  They more or less lie about what the stream contents are.
 As the codec of the channel is not something stored in the database,
there's no SQL statement that would allow you to get the channel
working.  In short, the only way to make it work is applying the
patch, and the patches are all hacks (my own included).  That's the
reason there hasn't been a "final" fix so far, there's just been no
elegant way to do it.

Robert