[mythtv-users] libXvMCNVIDIA for HD Playback

Cory H coryhoneyman at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 3 16:08:46 UTC 2009

>    I'm having an issue playing back HD content in Myth. I have found a lot of forums and posts about
>similar issues but I just can't seem to get mine corrected. The issue with MY HD playback is that the
>video and sound will have a short pause every 2 to 3 seconds that HD content is playing.

I am very limited in my experience, but this might help to isolate the issue:
Do you get any errors (such as dropping frames) from the terminal running "mythfrontend -v playback"?

Does TOP show your cpu being overly loaded?

Are you streaming from a remote backend? Or is this a frontend/backend with a local disk?