[mythtv-users] LVM'ing my FE, need to choose FS

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Fri Apr 3 18:44:38 UTC 2009

In the CentOS vs Fedora/RAID vs LVM thread I was pretty well sold on JFS for
a drive/part that will hold mostly large files. I am at the moment about to
convert my desktop (FE)'s storage to LVM, and I have as follows:

500GB = dvd rips, concert videos, etc. (all HD/biggie files)
320GB = mix of some bigger files and many small ones
360GB = same as above

So just to be safe, would it make sense to JFS the 500GB and stick to ext3/4
on the 320+360??

Thanks for any help
Bob