[mythtv-users] Comcast & Firewire STB's without 5C/Firewire equipment

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 22:22:30 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 3:15 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Let us know what you find out, Mark!
>>

>> --
>> Brad Fuller
>
> Will do, if I do it at all. I don't want to go get the box if it needs
> a Firewire enabled TV to even turn on. If it doesn't then it's a
> possibility. I was jsut hoping someone here knows how that all works.
> May take some time to get the answer and being that this is Friday
> afternoon here it may be too late in the day anyway.

I think the answer is that you can request (and they will have to
provide) a STB with firewire output.  Whether that will actually
output any channels over firewire is a question that we can't answer.
If you specify where you live, others in your region may be able to
chime in and share their experiences, but if you look over the list,
whether and what Comcast outputs over firewire is dependent on your
geographic region (and subject to change at any time).