[mythtv-users] Comcast & Firewire STB's without 5C/Firewire equipment

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 22:28:55 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 3:22 PM, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at gmail.com> wrote:
> From what I've heard on this mailing list, the STB you get and the
> service that you receive seems to be dependent on the area that
> reside. Hopefully, we'll receive some advice from experienced users in
> the SF area.

And as a user in the SF area (SF specifically), without sounding like
an ad (because there are some aspects of its service I don't like,
i.e., lack of availability of certain channels in HD and quality of
video), I can say that with a few exceptions, I get all my channels
outputted on firewire from Astound!.  This includes all the premium
channels I subscribe to (which is actually all of them, as that
package was cheaper than the Comcast package I changed from, where the
only premium channel I subscribed to was HBO).