[mythtv-users] Questions about secondary backends

Per Jørgensen myth at pbj-design.dk
Sat Apr 4 21:21:55 UTC 2009

Hey list.

Since I'm wanting to get som more Inputcards - I'm started building a
secondary backend.
Since I have this old motherboard - with
I'm having some troubles seeing finding a guide about setting up the
secondary backend.

My main idea was of this was getting WOL to work - and it does now.

But will make it work integrated into MythTV - I'm having some trouble
understand the way to set it up correctly. So would like to hear from
you in here.
My setup is like this:
*Masterbackend:*
Dell GX620 With Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, 3GB RAM, 1,5TB HD
ArchLinux
2x Hauppauge HVR4000 DVB-S
Sharing through NFS:
/storage/music
/storage/records
/storage/movies
/storage/pictures

Normally it wouldn't be nessecary to have records(LiveTV) shared through
NFS since MythTV is streaming from the Backend. Adding a Backendserver
more would give me some more storage capacity for LiveTV and

*Slavebackend:*
2X AMD Athlon(TM) MP 1800+ and 1GB RAM,1TB HD. ArchLinux
1x HAuppauge HVR4000 and 1 Hauppauge PVR-500

When using storage Directory's (Since I'm running svn-version) I'm not
quite sure if this will work along with wol, So when wanting to record a
specialshow, a wanted movie etc - so I'll use the secondary backends and
was looking in the wiki etc about setting this up - but could really
find this there:
WakeOnLan settings

MasterBackend

Reconnect wait time (secs):

Count of reconnect tries:

Wake Command

Wake command for slaves:

Not much of an explanation here - so could anyone explain that a little
further or a link to the rigth guides.

Allso perhaps tell a little about the setup on a secondary backend with
space on to supply the masterbackend with storage capacity!

TIA
Per Jørgensen