[mythtv-users] How to use tmdb.pl with MythVideo/MythWeb

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Apr 4 21:27:34 UTC 2009

For those of you using either trunk or 0.21-fixes who want to use
tmdb.pl with MythWeb's "IMDB" lookup or for any 0.21-fixes users who
want to use tmdb.pl with MythVideo, there are instructions at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Tmdb.pl .

Note that if you have already downloaded and installed tmdb.pl for use
in 0.21-fixes, you'll need to do so again to get the MythWeb portion
working (do the download /and/ the install again--using the
current/updated instructions on the page).  Similarly, trunk users who
haven't updated to r20306 (from earlier today, Apr 4, 2009) or beyond
will need to download an updated tmdb.pl (either by updating all of Myth
or just by following the instructions on that page).

Having done so, myself, I can say that the quality of the posters is
/significantly/ better than those I used to get with imdb.pl.

Mike