[mythtv-users] Analog tuner picture grainy

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 6 20:59:23 UTC 2009

I could try reducing the signal but I don't think that is the problem as the grainy appearance is also on the composite input so its not related to the aerial signal strength.

I read up some more and I found that increasing the resolution from 480 x 576 (PAL) to 720 x 576 can improve the picture. I tried that last night and it did improve it but not quite to where i would expect the composite input to be.

Now that I have improved the resolution I will go change to the Pixelview card and try the S-Video input (once I get an S-Video cable).