[mythtv-users] Compile .21-fixes under 64 bit

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 7 04:13:38 UTC 2009

2009/4/6 Michelle Dupuis <support at ocg.ca>:
> Ok...my lack of Linux experience is showing here.  I installed from a F10
> disk I got from a friend.  Did I install 64bit or 32 bit?  The CPU is an
> athalon 64, but uname -a shows:
>
> Linux theatre2.ocg.ca 2.6.27.19-170.2.35.fc10.i686-ocg1 #1 SMP Thu Mar 26
> 14:33:28 EDT 2009 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
>
> I'm starting to think I installed a 32 bit version!  That's ok, but then why
> would configure complain about freetype missing since I've got it installed?
> HELP!
>
> The error:
> [root at theatre2 mythtv]# ./configure --disable-joystick-menu
> --disable-hdhomerun --enable-dvb --enable-proc-opt --enable-opengl-vsync
> --prefix=/usr/local --disable-dbox2 --enable-xvmc-opengl
> --xvmc-lib=XvMCNVIDIA
> WARNING! An unknown C++ compiler flag in: "-Wall". Option(s) will be
> ignored.
> WARNING! An unknown C++ compiler flag in: "-Wno-switch". Option(s) will be
> ignored.
> WARNING! An unknown C++ compiler flag in: "-Wpointer-arith". Option(s) will
> be ignored.
> WARNING! An unknown C++ compiler flag in: "-Wredundant-decls". Option(s)
> will be ignored.
> WARNING! An unknown C++ compiler flag in: "-Wno-non-virtual-dtor". Option(s)
> will be ignored.
> WARNING! An unknown C++ compiler flag in: "-D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS".
> Option(s) will be ignored.
> cc1: warning: -funit-at-a-time is required for inlining of functions that
> are only called once
> ERROR! You must have FreeType installed to compile MythTV.
> If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
> version from SVN.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
> mythtv-dev at mythtv.org mailing list or IRC #mythtv on irc.freenode.net
> Include the log file "config.err" produced by configure as this will help
> solving the problem.
>

> What I have installed:
> [root at theatre2 mythtv]# rpm -qa | grep free
> freetype-2.3.7-2.fc10.i386
> freetype-devel-2.3.7-2.fc10.i386

That's the 386 version - anything with i386 i586 or i686 is 32 bit, 64
bit would read x86_64

Is there a specific reason you're not using the mythtv installation
set available in rpmfusion?

The rpmfusion repos have a number of up to date apps that will support
mythtv as well, such as ffmpeg, mplayer and their associated
dependencies.  I would suggest though that you TURN OFF the rpmfusion
repos default setting, it just gives you better 'control' over when
you want to use them.

If you install yumex (yum install yumex) if you haven't used it, then
run it as root it'll give you a very useful searchable GUI front end
for what repos you are using and what apps are in them.

Good Luck