[mythtv-users] Ubuntu VDPAU Repo crashing on screen configure

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 15:33:58 UTC 2009

> What's the easiest way to capture the output from mythfrontend when I
> run it on the command line? I've tried the redirection to a file, but
> the problem is that it spawns it's own terminal when I run it from the
> command line and none of the output ends up being saved to the file.

There is a command line switch for mythfrontend so the a log file is
created. This is the command that is used to start mythfrontend and
thus I always have a log when a problem comes up.

mythfrontend --logfile /var/log/mythtv/mythfrontend.log

Of course you can change the location to wherever you like.