[mythtv-users] Comcast DTA's What are you doing?

Michael Jones mythtv at michaelandholly.com
Tue Apr 7 16:42:00 UTC 2009

Comcast in the Seattle area just switched things to Digital on most
channels above 13.  They now require the little PACE DTA's to get most
of the channels I record.  I'm sure more of them will fall to the
digital conversion.   I have a dual tuner backend and don't really
want to go out and purchase new tuner cards if I don't have to.   I've
received 2 of the DTA's from comcast and would like to set them up on
the backend.

I'm assuming that there are other people in the same predicament and
wondering what's being done?

Has there been any testing done on being able to control the PACE
DTA's from myth via the direct IR input connection?  Are there any
dual channel blaster type setups out there?

Has anyone tried controlling the MS USB remote receiver's 2 output
ports from Myth, and possibly wiring them directly to the DTA's?

Thanks.

- Michael Jones