[mythtv-users] Location of recording thumbnails (png's)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 7 18:43:17 UTC 2009

On 04/07/2009 02:26 PM, A JM wrote:
> Mike, while on the subject of thumbnails for recordings is there a
> command line option for regenerating the thumbnails? I restore my DB
> and also need some thumbnails..
>
> Thanks and keep up the great work!

firefox 'http://mythweb.host:port/mythtv/tv/recorded'

adjust as required for your configuration.

That's the best I can do.  You need to have mythbackend do all the
preview gen.  By accessing the Recorded Programs page in MythWeb,
MythWeb will request preview images (at least for those it doesn't have
in its local cache--see below) from the backend and--if the backend
doesn't have the "standard" preview it uses for mythfrontend, it will
create that and create the MythWeb-requested preview.

You may need to do:

rm /path/to/mythweb/data/cache/*.png

first, though.

Note that this will take a while.  Just let the browser window sit and
spin for a while.

Mike