[mythtv-users] VDPAU Playback Profile?

Dave Johansen davejohansen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 19:03:18 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 9:28 AM, Deyan <mythtv at bektchiev.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> 2009/4/8 Dave Johansen <davejohansen at gmail.com>:
>>> I was wondering if it's possible to create a playback profile to come
>>> bundled with the VDPAU Ubuntu Packages. It would also be nice if it
>>> was selected as the default profile, because it took me a little while
>>> to figure out where/how to turn on VDPAU support after installing the
>>> packages.
>>> Dave
>>
>> unfortunately, those profiles wouldn't show up if you were upgrading
>> from a standard mythtv installation (which I assume is what everyone
>> is doing).
>>
>> the various profiles are created during the first run of mythtv not later.
>

> I think that it was mentioned on this list before that if you delete
> all of your profiles, then the next time you enter the screen (or
> restart the frontend, I don't remember exactly) the default profiles
> would be created.

Unfortunately, the wiki page has little info (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Playback_profiles ), but would it be
possible to at least create a script of some sort to create the VDPAU
Playback Profile and set it is the currently used one? If I knew
where/how the information was stored, then I would look into doing
this myself, but I haven't been able to find any info on where MythTV
stores this data.
Dave