[mythtv-users] MythTV stops/doesn't start recording

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Apr 7 20:28:54 UTC 2009

Zitat von "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:

> On 04/06/2009 10:05 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:
>> Zitat von Nick Morrott:
>>> <snip>
>>> Those error messages look suspicious to me :)
>>
>> I get them on recordings that work too. This is a card that is
>> currently not bound to any source.
>
> Really, Myth doesn't support a configuration that includes a card
> with no connected inputs.  Often, it works when you set up Myth,
> then--for no apparent reason--at some point in the future, things
> just stop working.
>
>>> Have you been adding/removing capture cards recently? You could try
>>> Mike Dean's often-used suggestions (start with the capture card
>>> section) at
>>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034.
>>>
>>> You can also increase the logging level with the -v option (see
>>> mythbackend's help for all log options) for mythbackend  whilst
>>> debugging. You should probably turn on verbose logging for at least
>>> record and file.
>> I will try that.
>
> And, yeah, if the problem is the defined-but-not-used card, that's
> the right fix (no need to do the Video Sources portion--just like
> Nick said).  The only qualification is that this time you should
> /not/ define the card that Myth isn't using.

Besides that it took me over two hours to get everything up again
after deleting the cards (and sources, because mythv ceased to work
completely after only re-installing the cards), it didn't change
anything.
Sometimes the recordings work, sometimes not. This is really frustrating.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/