[mythtv-users] First ION desktop officially announced - Acer AspireRevo

Paul pturpin+mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 03:34:38 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Travis Tabbal <travis at tabbal.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 9:17 PM, Johnny <jarpublic at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Engagdet has a nice photo gallery and some more info from the press
>> release:
>> http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/07/acer-launches-first-nvidia-ion-based-nettop-aspirerevo/
>>

> Good specs. For $300, it's certainly a contender. Even better would be to
> sell it as bare hardware without the OS and perhaps the HDD, but that's
> really only useful to people like us, so I expect that's not likely to
> happen. :) Looks nice too. If all the hardware is supported in Linux, that
> would be interesting indeed.

While there may not be a bare hardware versions, if the earlier leaked
information about the "hornet" is accurate (
http://www.engadget.com/2009/03/31/ion-based-acer-hornet-nettop-specs-leak-out-1080p-hdmi-playback/),
there will be different versions. However expecting there to really be a
$150 version may likely just be wishful thinking. Not that i would complain
if it did happen though, the standard version seems to have sufficient specs
for a nice frontend.