[mythtv-users] mythtv windows port

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Wed Apr 8 16:51:07 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Adam Stylinski <kungfujesus06 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 07:50:43AM -0400, jansenj wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 11:15 PM, jansenj <jansenj+myth at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I thought I'd give the windows port a try, but the win32-packager.pl
>> > is pointing to a non-existant file.? The wiki said to post to
>> > mythtv-dev, but I'm not on that list.? I figure someone will pick this
>> > up eventually.
>>
>> On second thought, files seem to be missing in the newer version of
>> mysql, so the script just bombs out.  I guess I'll have to go about
>> this manually if I want to try this.  Has anyone else on this list
>> tried the windows port?  Does it work as a frontend only pretty well?
>
> I thought all the efforts to port mythtv to Windows were dead.  Does anyone know the status on this?

While I haven't tried it, I'm under the impression that a number of
people have successfully compiled and used the win32.  As recently as
last month, it was even discussed with regards to not just trunk, but
0.21-fixes (which is interesting, because I thought one thing that
made win32 workable was the QT4 port?!):

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/376317

Work is obviously still on-going... Nigel made a committ to trunk last
week (regarding mysql, in fact):
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/20269

   Marc