[mythtv-users] BBC iPlayer

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Thu Apr 9 10:18:16 UTC 2009

+++ David Knight [2009-04-09 10:50 +0100]:
> Hey,
>
>    Regarding the BBC iPlayer thread a couple of weeks/days back :) I was
> looking on the iPlayer website earlier and noticed there is now a MAC
> and Linux client... maybe with some clever scripting this can be used
> in conjunction with MythTV ?
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/labs
>
> Looks like you have to visit the website which will then detect and
> download the correct client.

There is also get-iplayer http://linuxcentre.net/getiplayer/ which
seems a very capable client, and works for me on the desktop - I'm
sure mythtv could be made to use this (which would be very cool).

(mayeb this was already covered in previous discussion - in which
case apoliges for repetition)

Wookey
--
Principal hats:  iEndian - Balloonboard - Toby Churchill - Emdebian
http://wookware.org/