[mythtv-users] Removing commercials

belcampo belcampo at zonnet.nl
Thu Apr 9 19:20:21 UTC 2009

P.J. Trudell wrote:
> I have been running mythbuntu 8.10 for about 6 months and I am trying to
> delete commercials now.
>
> I have tried to do it by setting cutlists in mythtv edit mode and then
> running transcode in myth and I get a transcode error with no error codes.
>
> I have tried doing it by setting cutlists in mythtv edit mode and then
> running mythtranscode from the command line both with the -i option and
> the -c and -s options see commands below.  The result is an aditional
> file *.mpg.tmp of almost the same size but it does not remove anything.
>
> (mythtranscode --honorcutlist --mpeg -i 1299_20090407113000.mpeg)
> (mythtranscode --honorcutlist --mpeg -c 1299 -s 2009-04-07-11-30-00)
syntax is:
1st check if the cutlist looks sane by
mythcommflag --getcutlist -c 1299 -s 20090407113000
if sane:
mythtranscode -c 1299 -s 20090407113000
should result in a smaller file with .tmp added to the original name.
after checking everything is OK
mv -f 1299_20090407113000.mpeg.tmp 1299_20090407113000.mpeg
Done