[mythtv-users] Quicktime 1080p mov files smoother than 720p mkv (Debian)

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 19:56:33 UTC 2009

> I had checked that Debian testing was running the below:
>
> ii  mplayer                           1:1.0.rc2svn20090316-0.1          The
> Ultimate Movie Player For Linux
>
> I assumed a 16 March 2009 build would have VDPAU support.

Well you may just luck out then. I'm surprised that they have a build
that recent in testing. I left Debian a few years ago because I got
tired of many of my packages being so out dated, even with testing. I
looked at the mplayer commits and it looks like the VDPAU went in
during February, but it is still being worked on quite a bit. There
have been a lot of VDPAU related commits since 3/16. So give it a try
and see what you get.