[mythtv-users] CPU & CPU Temp

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 14:23:46 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/4/12 Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
> your brand) cards don't support (true) 1920x1200 via the DVI ports because
> of the limitations on single-link connections.  I.e. for reasons such as:
>  http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/173600#173600

And your final words being
"So, to correct my previous generalization, I should have said, "A
dual-link DVI connection is required to properly and reliably drive a
1080p60 display."
"

Which is far from reality really... As *all* 1920x1200 LCD only
requires a single link DVI connection

My 2002 powerbook supported a 23" Apple screen, all over single DVI

Single link has always supported up to 165MHz, (sufficient for WUXGA:
1920x1200 @ 60Hz)
That you posted otherwise 3 years ago doesn't make me change my
opinion I'm afraid.

BTW, what I meant to say in my original post was that any DVI/HDMI
connection would support 1080p rather than using the word "port".