[mythtv-users] Deinterlacing svideo

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 00:15:17 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/4/15 Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>:
> When using my CRT-TV through SVideo I get these messages:
> "Video sync method can't support double framerate (refresh rate too low for
> bob deint)"
> I seem to remember this is caused by the system looking for 60Hz or above
> and seeing 59.9Hz due to some round off error or lack of round off.
> I also seem to remember someone saying there was a fix for this.
> I have searched 6 months of archives but can't seem to find any references
> so maybe I was imagining the discussion.
> I don't really have a problem with my system, my problem at the moment is my
> back went out reading my email this morning (could have something to do with
> working in odd positions all day yesterday) so I have too much time on my
> hands.  It has thus occurred to me that this was a hanging problem for which
> I have not found a solution.

It's this ticket:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2903

However, you may want to use the code from trunk
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/20277 (but you need to apply it
on libs/libmythtv/videoout_xv.cpp)
Mark Kendall's mods are much cleaner IMO ...

If you are using Ubuntu OS; I've made packages that contains all those
patches already.