[mythtv-users] Bad DVB-T picture quality on Nova T-500

Jeppe Madsen jeppe at ingolfs.dk
Wed Apr 15 11:49:37 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 10:55 AM, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:

> Jeppe Madsen wrote:
>
>> I recently changed from using a single antenna to two antennas combined
>> using a triax reverse splitter with f-connectors. This increased the signal
>> quality as reported by myth from about 59% to 70% but I still see a lot of
>> errors....I believe i have turned on lna (see previous posts).
>>

> 70% a typical value I get here, and almost never see decoding errors. I
> think you are correct that you have the lna working, otherwise you'd
> get nowhere near 70%. Could your hard drive be faulty?

Don't know about the physical harddrive, how to tell? But I run this
under Xen which may impact the performance. I'm recording directly to
an lvm device though, not a filebased virtual disk.

Would harddrive defects, bad harddrive performance etc. show as mpeg
decoding errors in the logs? If so, any suggestions as to identify
the cause?

/Jeppe