[mythtv-users] Schedules direct question

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 22:33:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Phill Wiggin <alamar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I ran into something like this a few days ago when I ran out of disk
>> > space on my server. Any chance that's happening here?
>>
>>  No I have a good bit of room on that partition just yet, but i have
>> much more room on a partition dedicated to Myth-Tv recordings (if I ever
>> get that far), that I'd be willing to use for any Myth-tv purpose.  Is
>> that even possible, moving the relevant config and database files over
>> to the dedicated sapce?
>>

> To answer your question, yes, you _could_ move the files to another
> partition, but there's probably no real benefit to doing so.  Just a
> datapoint, but I've been running my current install of Myth for.. oh, 18
> months or so, and the MySQL database is still under 200Meg. If you've got a
> few gigs free on the partition you're working on, you should be fine.
>
> The only reason I could see that your primary partition might fill up
> quickly is if you run into some sort of constant error that gets logged to a
> file. I've seen log files grow into the Gb range _really_ quickly.  But
> that's an anomoly and most people never see that.
>
> PhillW

My backend server also acts as a file server for other machines on the
network. It's a simple partition layout where I have all the myth
stuff as well as my home directory on the same partition. I started
adding a bunch of files to my backup directory and filled the machine
nearly full without thinking about how that would effect Myth. My
mistake.

Anyway, I've run Myth for 3-4 years now and the Myth databases have
never been a big problem. This was a problem I caused myself. None the
less, that's why I raised the issue.

Cheers,
Mark