[mythtv-users] Am I nuts going for Mythbuntu 9.04 on a Via SP13000 system?

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 02:42:03 UTC 2009

> I needed to upgrade a combined front/backend running on a Via SP130000
> based System.
>
> Due to lots of reasons, I tend to not upgrade once a system works (if
> is not broken no need for me to fix it).  WAF means downtime is not a
> popular option :-) So I am looking for something that is easy and
> stable (might rule out Fedora)

Well if you don't upgrade very often because things tend to break then
you definitely don't want to upgrade to 9.04 right before/after it is
released. The probability of something breaking is highest precisely
at this point. It defeats the whole point of updating infrequently.
You are better off upgrading to mythbuntu 8.10 or waiting a few months
to be more sure that everything is working smoothly on 9.04 with
mythtv. Any response you get now about Jaunty will just be anecdotal
as there just aren't that many people using it, and even fewer with
VIA hardware. Just an example, I know that there was some bug that was
causing the frontend to seg fault for some users a few weeks ago with
Jaunty.