[mythtv-users] Bad DVB-T picture quality on Nova T-500

Mike Hoehn bit at birnehh.shacknet.nu
Thu Apr 16 08:27:30 UTC 2009

Paul Gardiner wrote:

> Both running under Xen, and a harddrive fault have to be possibilities,
> but I don't know if it's very likely. I guess you could run some tests
> on the harddrive, but maybe better to check other causes first.

I once had a similar problem with a faulty mainboard. I've never thought
it would be the mainboard until I discovered the streamer was writing
garbage to tape. And I checked nearly everything before discovering
this... But a new mainboard made all problems go away.

Sometimes it's the most obvious cause, sometimes not. So I'd check
everything.

  Mike