[mythtv-users] mythweb and imdb

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Apr 17 16:02:07 UTC 2009

On 04/17/2009 03:42 AM, Phil Wild wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am having an issue with mythweb on my backend. I can't say that this
> ever worked and am not sure how to progress.
>
> querying imdb via the web does not find the correct data. It is going
> to imdb but I don't believe it is passing the movie title in the
> query.
>
> If I look at my apache error log I see the following every tuime I hit
> the imdb button:
>
> sh: -M: not found
>
> Any thoughts?

Best advice: quit using IMDb/violating IMDb's terms of service.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Tmdb.pl

Takes 30 seconds of set up time /and/ the quality of the posters is /so/
much better than those you get with IMDb scripts /and/ the info on TMDB
can be edited without some company stealing it from you.

Mike