[mythtv-users] xorg-server-1.5 & Intel driver causing mythfrontend to segfault

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 18:50:30 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at gmail.com> wrote:
> are you sure it's the latest X>? Maybe the intel driver? Or a combo
> between the two?
> Have you tried the newest X on a system that does not have Intel driver?
>

> --
> Brad Fuller

Newer X running on my AMD64 system with the radeon driver has no
problems. The only system that has a problem for me is 32-bit running
xorg-server-1.5 with the Intel driver. Unfortunately even trying to
downgrade to the previous version of X didn't fix the problem so
something is very messed up at this point. ne other individual on the
Gentoo lists had exactly the same problem. Intel driver, X crashing.
He updated mesa and that fixed it for him, but that didn't work for
me.

Problem with the new xorg-server under Gentoo is that the default is
to run with no xorg.conf file and then let hald and dbus figure out
what to do. This leaves me questioning even what mode the screen is
running in. I found some similar threads where it turned out the video
app wasn't able to run at the screen resolution and crashed X with the
same sort of messages I'm getting. I need to figure out how to best
run X without all this automatic setup junk so I can be more confident
of what's going on.

Unfortunately this is my only PC near a TV so it's holding up my HDHR
work where I look at channels on TV to figure out what channels match.

- Mark