[mythtv-users] Transparency on EPG with VDPAU

Dave dave at 0bits.com
Sun Apr 19 11:30:16 UTC 2009

Hi

Since i'm led to believe that PiP when one is browsing the EPG is not
working due to some limitations of VDPAU, is it possible to then have
the EPG as a transparent overlay just like the OSD ?

My question is, is it possible to make the EPG smaller and
(semi)transparent so that it doesn't obliterate the ongoing live tv and
still be able to select/browse the EPG, or is there some technical
limitation that we are unable to do this ? I'm not asking anyone to do
it - i can try myself (but it would take some time for me to learn the
xml). Just wanted maybe a reason that someone would know why it wouldn't
work (and infact why PiP on the EPG doesn't work anymore if VDPAU is
enabled).

I miss seeing the live PiP on the EPG ;-(
I always seem to miss the 'action' when i'm browsing the EPG.

Dave