[mythtv-users] front end starts but unable to watch tv

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Apr 20 12:46:49 UTC 2009

On Sunday 19 April 2009 23:04:08 Andreas Schlehahn wrote:
> On Sunday 19 April 2009 19:47:29 Mike McMullin wrote:
> >   Okay I did that, I double checked to see that it registered as the
> > Haupage PVR 150 card after selecting the device, thing is it shows up
> > as /dev/video1, /dev/video24, /dev/video32.
>
> If the PVR150 is your only video-capture-card, it should show up as
> /dev/video0, not /dev/video1. The other two device names (video24, video32)
> are for the other inputs of your PVR 150.

I don't think that's correct. The other devices are not card inputs, they are
outputs. /dev/video0 would be the mpeg output, /dev/video24 is the encoder
pcm audio and /dev/video32 would be the encoder YUV, at least according to
the boot messages from ivtv.

This assumes the PVR is the first card, increment all the devices by 1 if it's
the second card etc.

But that doesn't change that fact that what you said is essentially correct as
far as the primary card device is concerned.

I suspect the OP mis-typed, since if he has /dev//video24 and /dev/video32 the
first device would have to be /dev/video0, he would have 25 and 33 if the
first was actually /dev/video1.

--
beww
beww at beww.org