[mythtv-users] AV-Sync problem

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Apr 20 14:42:47 UTC 2009

> On the other hand, I got quite some problems on svn trunk.
> OSD is not working properly, channel number and text displaying lock/signal status are missing.
> but OSD menu can be show.
Most likely you have not installed an updated version of whatever OSD
theme you use, and/or you may be missing fonts.

> Getting out from EPG, the video goes blank.
> Exiting frontend found 1-2 thread could not exit.
Those are real problems, the EPG and frontend video window wrapper
were rewritten in the last couple weeks and are still quite buggy.

> It would be very nice if this vdpau work and av-sync back port to 0.21 stable branch...
Neither of those are candidates for backporting, but the is some crazy
guy out there with an unofficial backport of the vdpau patches. I can't
vouch for whether that fork will reduce your computer to a blackened
ball of molten metal or not, but it is out there.

-- Daniel