[mythtv-users] Myth Video Manager IMDB Problems

Jay Foster jayf0ster at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 20 17:29:08 UTC 2009

I think their might be something broken with the Myth Video Manager UI (mythbuntu 8.10 0.21-fixes).  When I use it, I get a list of all of my videos, but with a black box covering up part of the list.  The box says something like enter IMDB number.  This box is always on top in the UI.  Further, if I press right arrow (or 'I') and choose to manually enter the IMDB number the UI hangs.  Pressing ESC causes Myth frontend to segfault and exit.  Happens every time.  I have tried different themes (bluetube-wide, glass-wide, etc.), but each one I've tried does the same thing.

It would be nice if I could enter the IMDB number manually, since the imdb.pl/tmdb.pl script is too picky about the movie file name you pass it.  If the file name uses underscore characters as word separators instead of space characters, the tmdb.pl script crashes.  If the file name has any extra stuff in it besides the movie title (like _DISC_1 or _D2, etc.) tmdb.pl finds nothing.  I can work around this by running imdb.pl/tmdb.pl from a shell prompt and adjusting the file name as needed to get the desired results, but then I cannot enter the IMDB number anyway.