[mythtv-users] getting irblaster(.info) to work

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Tue Apr 21 17:01:27 UTC 2009

I am having trouble getting my new serial IR blaster (the one from
irblaster.info) to work. I have followed steps in various howto guides I
have found, all of which seem quite out of date. Is there one that is up
to date for Fedora 10, Myth trunk, and lirc 0.8.4a?

Discussions I have been able to find in the list archives seem to be
specific to the PVR-150's blaster.

The problem I have is, although both copies of lircd are running
and /dev/lircd1 exists, irsend always fails:

irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE Motorola_DCT6200 6
irsend: transmission failed

I have specified the correct device on the irsend command line as far as
I can tell: "irsend --device=/dev/lircd1". /dev/lircd1 is 0666 (writable
by all) so I don't think it's a permission issue.

Is it necessary to compile lirc from source to make this work?

I have installed the remote config for the Motorola_DCT6200 into my
lircd.conf, I have lirc_serial loaded with the correct irq and io
parameters (my PC has only one serial port and only ttyS0 shows up in
dmesg, but I tried the values for ttyS1 as well with no joy). Of course
in order to get lirc_serial to load, I did have to (and did) run
"setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none".

Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this? Any other info I could supply
that would help?

Thanks,
--Greg