[mythtv-users] getting irblaster(.info) to work

Wilfred van den Assem c.assemvanhaaften at chello.nl
Tue Apr 21 18:08:27 UTC 2009

Greg Woods schreef:
> I am having trouble getting my new serial IR blaster (the one from
> irblaster.info) to work. I have followed steps in various howto guides I
> have found, all of which seem quite out of date. Is there one that is up
> to date for Fedora 10, Myth trunk, and lirc 0.8.4a?
>
> Discussions I have been able to find in the list archives seem to be
> specific to the PVR-150's blaster.
>
> The problem I have is, although both copies of lircd are running
> and /dev/lircd1 exists, irsend always fails:
>
> irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE Motorola_DCT6200 6
> irsend: transmission failed
>
> I have specified the correct device on the irsend command line as far as
> I can tell: "irsend --device=/dev/lircd1". /dev/lircd1 is 0666 (writable
> by all) so I don't think it's a permission issue.
>
> Is it necessary to compile lirc from source to make this work?
>
> I have installed the remote config for the Motorola_DCT6200 into my
> lircd.conf, I have lirc_serial loaded with the correct irq and io
> parameters (my PC has only one serial port and only ttyS0 shows up in
> dmesg, but I tried the values for ttyS1 as well with no joy). Of course
> in order to get lirc_serial to load, I did have to (and did) run
> "setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none".
>
> Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this? Any other info I could supply
> that would help?
>
> Thanks,
> --Greg

I have a mce receiver/transmitter and a serial IR Blaster.
On OpenSUSE 11.1, I need to compile the serial module everytime when I
install a new kernel.
I've also installed the default packages and replace the lirc_serial.ko
(/lib/modeles....kernelversion....) with the one I compiled myself.
I used for both the same version, 0.8.4a.

This is my .setup.config, located in the lirc-0.8.4a folder:

LIRC_DRIVER=serial
LIRC_PORT=0x3f8
LIRC_IRQ=4
LIRC_MAJOR=61