[mythtv-users] Inconsistent treatment of starttime/endtime vs runtime

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 21 19:31:07 UTC 2009

On 04/21/2009 03:19 PM, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
> From: "Michael T. Dean"
>     > IMHO, the only patch that should be considered is one that stores the
>     > runtime in the DB and displays it for the user to see when choosing
>     > appropriate start early/end late times.
>
> If a patch implementing this has some nontrivial chance of being
> accepted, then that's what I'll write.  It's certainly the only clean
> way I can see of even making the data available to any other attempts
> to cope with the problem.  Would it be presumptious to assume that I
> can call the column "runtime" without colliding with anyone's plans?

runtime is a reserved word in MySQL 5.0+.  However, the meaning of the
value is likely not useful in Myth--as described in my other message.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/379839#379839

(And, yes, I admit to being a bit too upset when I wrote that message
after having wasted a lot of time I could have spent elsewhere.  I
apologize for the tone, though I still agree with the message.)

Mike