[mythtv-users] Identifying DVB radio channels

Oliver Maunder mail at olivermaunder.co.uk
Tue Apr 21 22:51:06 UTC 2009

2009/4/18 Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>

> Zitat von Mike Holden <mythtv at mikeholden.org>:
>
>> I don't believe there's anything in the database, because as far as
>> Freeview is concerned, all it is doing is shipping containers of data
>> along a frequency. It doesn't differentiate between data with video and
>> data without video.
>>

> I does differentiate at some point, because during scanning, you can
> specify whether you want audio-only channels or not. This information
> shouldn't be dropped but saved in the channels table during the scanning
> process, so it could be reused later.
> Another obvious use case would be to provide a different UI for radio
> channels, e.g. a visualization from mythmusic instead of a completely black
> screen.

There is definitely a way of telling if a channel is audio only - for
example, Kaffeine uses a different icon for TV and radio stations. But until
there's something in Myth that definitely needs the data there's probably no
point in storing it.

For now I'm going with "if channum >= 700 and channum < 799"!

Olly