[mythtv-users] Audio lags behind video when skipping SD

Chris Vargas ceenvee at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 22 00:31:55 UTC 2009

I'm using a BioStar motherboard with onboard Nvidia GeForce 7025 video, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core BE-2350 2.1 GHz CPU, 2GB RAM, out to a 1080p TV set. I've had this performance problem but am only now getting around to asking about it.

When skipping through HD recordings, everything performs fine.

However, when skipping through SD recordings (made with a PVR-150, 720x480, 4Mbps) the sound lags behind the skipped video. It gradually catches up but takes a second or two, particularly if doing multiple skips. It even lags when I quit out of a recording: video stops, sound continues for a second, then I get the MythTV menu. This is with a digital audio connection to a receiver, by the way, via an external USB adapter.

I'm using a CPU++ playback profile. I've tried adjusting the various audio options (extra audio buffering, etc) with no apparent effect. I think I've tried CPU+ and that hasn't helped.

Thanks for any leads.