[mythtv-users] MythTV for iPhone

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Wed Apr 22 02:43:27 UTC 2009

> How did you get it to work at all?
> I got the website/smarty working without issues. But am having trouble
> with
> the conversion.
> I had to remove title from the command line options because title is
> nolonger a valid option for ffmpeg. I'm using 0.5, but I also tried
> current
> svn.
> Even after that, once the files are converted my iphone does not recognize
> them as valid files. It showed a speaker in a circle with a line through
> it
> and would not play. However, I can download them and play them in
> quicktime
> on my computer.
> In adition, I could not get it to kick off the conversion using the
> webpage.
> It would say it was running but never actually start. And yes the config
> file was setup to point to the correct location.
>
> Marc

I ended up editing /usr/local/bin/mythipod.sh and using nuvexport instead of
ffmpeg to convert the recordings with the command below.

/usr/bin/nuvexport --infile=$directory/$file --mode=mp4 --ipod!
--mp4_codec=mpeg4 --width=$width --height=$height --nice=19 -
-cutlist --nodenoise --nodeinterlace --nomultipass --filename=$file
--path=$directory