[mythtv-users] Inconsistent treatment of starttime/endtime vs runtime

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Apr 22 05:33:12 UTC 2009

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu <f-myth-users at media.mit.edu> says:
> > You have the problem of TV 'cuts' of Dos Boot having a duration of
> > 2 hours but a listed time of 8 hours. It's a extreme case, but it
> > demonstrates why this isn't correct.
>
> Holy crap.
>
> (Good lord, what's left?

"I took the speed reading course and read 'War and Peace' in twenty
minutes. It's about Russia." -Woody Allen

> I'm left wondering what to do in my particular case, though.

[...]

> Anyone else who records from those channels is going to get burned
> in the same way, unless they hugely pad.  (We're talking up to half
> an hour in some cases.)

As un-ideal as this is, it is a workable solution assuming a) one has
multipler tuners and b) no other program category that needs such
padding. I've auto-padded all programs categorized as "Sports event"
with an extra 30 minutes for years.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array