[mythtv-users] mirroring display - I did google for ages but no luck

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 13:42:57 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 2:45 PM, Ben Edwards <list4me2 at googlemail.com>wrote:

> I am\using "a nVidia Corporation G71 [GeForce 7300 GS] (rev a1)" and
> Ubuntu 9.04.  I have managed to get TV-OUT working with a desktop on
> the monitor and one on the TV but what I really want to do is simply
> mirror the same thing on both.  My xorg.xonfig is below.  Any ideas?
>
> Ben

One question I have to ask is this really what you want to do.  I think
twinview will limit you to the lowest resolution of the two displays.  I
have two monitors, three actually if you consider the projector, but only
run Myth on either the TV or the Projector with the monitor as a control
center.  My note here is to suggest you be sure of what you are trying to do
and only use twinview if you really want the picture on two displays at the
same time and in that case you may not like the result although it will be
easy enough to set up with nvidia-settings.

Allen