[mythtv-users] interlace issue on TV?

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Wed Apr 22 14:59:21 UTC 2009

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Paul Gardiner wrote:
>> Udo van den Heuvel wrote:

>>> And it does require a specific setting (which, where?) in
>>> mythfrontend or does it work automagically?
>>> At the start of this topic I explained how the VIA XvMC setup at is
>>> this point.
>>
>> Select "Interlaced(x2)" as your deinterlacer.
>
> Does this also explain what currently is happening to my 'interlace'
> setup ( _none_ )?
> Using a deinterlacer to get a nice picture is OK but un-deinterlaced
> stuff should work as well? (see my DVD-player's output)

If you play interlaced content on an interlaced display (or at least
you are using an interlaced display mode) and, when you use none as
the deinterlacer, playback is sometimes perfect, sometime jumping
back and forward, then it's a synchronisation problem and use of
"Interlaced x2" should solve it.

A signature of the synchronisation problem is that if you repeatedly
pause and unpause a few times, you can get rid of it for a while, and
return to perfect playback. If the problem you see is always there
then it's likely to be something else and "Interlaced x2" is unlikely
to help.

Cheers,
	Paul.