[mythtv-users] Announce: 0.21-fixes with vdpau ubuntu repository

German Rodriguez callmegar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 15:56:53 UTC 2009

I've been using Jean-Yves repository with Jaunty for more than a month now,
started using the ubuntu 8 packages on the Jaunty Alpha 4 and VDPAU has been
working great, the nvidia driver and mplayer packages were broken for a
while due to dependencies on KDE libraries no longer present on Jaunty, but
once JYA compiled in Jaunty the packages started working again, in the mean
time I resorted to doing a manual install on the nvidia-driver and regarding
mplayer, I don't use it anyway, the internal player on mythtv can handle
everything you throw at it, with the exception of the new high definition
audio formats (DTS-HD).

My only issues are that 1080p playback of live TV breaks a lot, I have to
stay on 720p, subtitles are also a problem, when trying to playback
recordings if I turn subtitles on, mythfrontend crashes most of the times.