[mythtv-users] Help! - schedules download fine, but NO schedule recordings

Joel mythtv at ebel.mybox.org
Fri Apr 24 03:56:43 UTC 2009

Brad Fuller wrote:
> I have no idea how this happened. But, there are no programs
> scheduled, and I can't schedule any to record
>
> At first, I thought it was a mythfilldatabase problem. But, I have new
> listings and they look fine. And, in mythweb, there are plenty of
> programs to record in the "Recording Schedules"  page.
>
> If I go to LIstings and schedule something to record, it won't record.
>
> Never seen this before... but I now an going to miss all of THU program.
>
> ANY HELP APPRECIATED!
>
> thanks

This could be the issue I've just been dealing with in the thread
"Scheduling new recordings requires mythtv restart".  Try running
mythbackend --resched or restarting the backend to see if they show up.
  If that's the case, it's likely that mythfilldatabase isn't finishing
properly.  Check it's logs to see what's happening.  I haven't solved
this yet either, but running mythbackend --resched manually after
mythfilldatabase runs seems to be a workaround.

Joel