[mythtv-users] Australia - Ice V's Channel 9

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Fri Apr 24 11:40:23 UTC 2009

I'm surprised I haven't seen any comments from Australian MythTV users
about the court case win this week?

Australian High Court thaws copyright protection
<http://deancollinsblog.blogspot.com/2009/04/australian-high-court-thaws
-copyright.html>

Got this in an email today;

In a landmark copyright case,1 the High Court unanimously held that
IceTV did not infringe copyright by reproducing individual items of time
and title information from Nine Network's weekly television schedules.
The decision signals a shift away from the "sweat of the brow"
protection previously afforded to data compilations in Australia,
reinforcing that copyright protects expression of information and not
the information itself.
<http://events.deacons.com.au/rs/ct.aspx?ct=24F76F18D5EA0AEDC1D089A5DA2E
981FDFBE6585EBB031B86EC246524ADFA923EA581185DBD64> Click here to view
full version

Regards,

Dean Collins
Cognation Inc