[mythtv-users] strange sql logs in backend logfile

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 14:30:16 UTC 2009

On 24/04/2009, brad dreisbach <bradd at ameri.ca> wrote:

>  On Apr 24, 2009, at 8:55 AM, David Watkins wrote:
>

> > > No error type from QSqlError?  Strange...
> > >

> > In my experience that error normally means that the connection to the
> > database has been lost, though if everything else is working that
> > seems unlikely.
> >

>  hrmmm....I turned on some extra logging flags and am seeing this over and
> over
>  again:
>
>  2009-04-24 09:27:43.534 MSqlQuery::exec() "SELECT data FROM settings WHERE
> value = 'WakeUpThreshold' AND hostname = 'backend.domain.com' ;"
>  2009-04-24 09:27:43.536 MSqlQuery::exec() "SELECT data FROM settings WHERE
> value = 'WakeUpThreshold' AND hostname IS NULL;"
>
>  could this be overloading mysql?  am I missing a setting in the settings
> table?

Run the optimize_mythdb.pl script to check your MythTV database
health. As Mike alluded to, it's possible your recordedseek table is
marked as crashed and is not capable of having data written to it
until it is fixed.

Many users run this script daily via cron to keep their databases in
good health.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott