[mythtv-users] Getting into HD

Evan Passero epassero at fuse.net
Fri Apr 24 16:44:03 UTC 2009

James,

Yes, recording from a set-top box is doable. There is a wiki page on
Recording Digital Cable (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Recording_Digital_Cable
).

The first route that came to mind was running the coax out from the
set-top box (STB) to your capture card. You would need to look in to
an IR-Blaster run from your computer to the STB so myth could control
changing the channels.

Hope that helps.