[mythtv-users] Getting into HD

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Fri Apr 24 16:57:58 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 09:48 -0700, Ian Forde wrote:

> You're better off running RCA cables to an analog capture card

Since the subject for this thread is "getting into HD", this technique
will not work for the original poster. You can't do HD over analog, it
requires a digital tuner. The only options I am aware of that can do HD
are the HD-PVR, firewire, HDHomerun, or a DVB card. If I'm wrong about
that, I'd love to hear about it!

Granted, lots of people do confuse HD and digital. HD requires digital,
digital does not necessarily imply HD.

--Greg