[mythtv-users] vdpau - more than just decoding?

David George david at thegeorges.us
Fri Apr 24 20:04:23 UTC 2009

On 04/24/2009 03:57 PM, jansenj wrote:

>     Deinterlace filters are run on the GPU, rather than the video
>     decoder, and the x400 cards are too slow for the more complex filters.
>
> I'm not sure what you're referring to here with x400.  400Mhz clocked
> core?

x400 refers to 8400 and 9400 in this case.  With nVidia (at least
currently with these series of cards) the first digit is the series, the
second digit is the relative performance number.  So the person you are
quoting was saying that the 8400 and 9400 may not have enough horsepower
for the more complex filters, but the 8500 and 9500 probably do (as well
as the 8600/9600 cards).

HTH,
--
David