[mythtv-users] Dish Discrete Power from Endaf Jones

Michael Craven mcraven at zone4solutions.com
Sun Apr 26 18:32:44 UTC 2009

I'm using lirc-0.8.3-2.fc8 and have the change-channel-lirc.pl script
all setup and working with my Dish/ExpressVu receiver (lircd.conf from
/remotes)... I found the thread about Endaf Joens' reverse engineered
lircd.conf file for this family of receivers and liked the idea of
discrete power on...

After updating my lircd.conf and restarting lircd, I get the following
error when I enter 'irsend SEND_ONCE dish1 power_on':

            irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE dish1 power_on

            irsend: transmission failed

I'm using a USB-UIRT. Searching about the net and the mythtv-users
archive has only turned up posts/info that seem to indicate that it
works for everybody but me. :-( Any suggestions would be great.

Thanx