[mythtv-users] How do I scan for new videos?

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun Apr 26 23:01:28 UTC 2009

About a month ago I upgraded to trunk to solve some issues.  Since then
I've added a couple of videos, and everything went fine - the video
automagially appeared in the video manager.

Now for some reason, myth will not scan for new videos and I cannot get
it to recognize that there is a new video.  It may have something to do
with trunk, and it may have something to do with me.  Maybe I broke
something as it worked fine for a while.

How do I force a video scan?

yan at selene:~/Pictures/2009-04-25$ /usr/local/bin/mythfrontend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 20306
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Library API      : 0.22.20090312-1
Network Protocol : 44
QT Version       : 4.4.3
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_backend
using_directfb using_dvb using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_live
using_mheg

--
Yan Seiner

Support my bid for the 4J School Board.